Testing for COVID-19
Currently, Keralty Hospital is only testing individuals who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and an appointment is needed. If you believe you have been exposed, but do not have symptoms, or are planning to travel or attend social gatherings, testing is available throughout Florida. You can find a location here, or search the Internet to find a local pharmacy or facility that offers testing.
Vaccination and boosters
Vaccination and booster shots are the best protection against COVID-19. For the latest guidance on eligibility, please check these resources:
- Required mask use: Everyone must wear a mask while in our hospital. A mask will be supplied if you do not have one.
- Enhanced cleaning: We’ve increased the frequency of our cleaning routines.
- COVID-19 patients are treated in isolated areas: Keralty Hospital has negative pressure rooms and proper personal protective equipment to avoid cross-contamination.
- Infection prevention: Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the hospital.
- Social distancing: We have modified our lobbies and public areas to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Visitor policies: We’ve limited the number of people inside our facility. No visitors are allowed for patients who are COVID-19 positive or under investigation for COVID-19.
COVID-19 research and innovation
As a leader in innovative research, Keralty Hospital was the first American research center to test Ifenprodil, a drug in pill form repurposed by Algernon Pharmaceuticals to treat COVID-19 damage in the lungs.